The Accelerator will nurture and foster 10 early stage startups working with XR technologies through a well-designed 6-month program. It is a part of the XR Startup Program, a collaboration between Meta and MeitY Startup Hub, and will be run and managed by the Foundation for Innovation and Technology Transfer (FITT, IIT Delhi).
Applications are now closed
Meet the XR Startups
- Innovate Labs Private Limited
- PurpleApple Infosystems
- Altie Reality Private Limited
- Easiofy Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Magnimus Systems Pvt Ltd
- ExpoSim (Innoevent Technologies Pvt Ltd)
Benefits of the Program
Grant of ₹ 20,00,000 during the course of 6-month program
Mentorship by industry experts and researchers
Access to a network of potential strategic partners and investors
Opportunities to participate and present at industry events
Access to technology and infrastructure support
- Early stage startups building products or solutions (software applications, services, or hardware) based on XR technologies
- The startup should have at least 1 full-time founder
- The startup should be in the prototype/ minimal viable product/ pre-revenue stage
- Startups registered with the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) or eligible and willing to be registered with DPIIT
Key target outcomes
- Increased revenues
- Increased valuation
- Follow-on investments
- Refined version of products
Note: Dates/ timelines are subject to change. Kindly check this site regularly for the latest information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Startups working on Extended Reality (XR) technologies that fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned above and detailed in the terms and conditions, available here can apply.
FITT will establish a 3-member panel to evaluate and select the applications. Applications will then be discussed with the steering committee established by Meta in collaboration with MSH. Selected startups will be informed by FITT. For detailed information, refer to T&Cs.
Applications will be evaluated based on the below criteria:
- Does the product/ solution have a high degree of innovation/ novelty compared to any existing products/ solutions?
- Will the product, if commercialized, achieve a positive societal, economic, environmental impact and business opportunity at scale?
- Capability and potential of the startup team in XR technology
In the event of a tie between two applicants for one spot, capital raised from external sources will be considered. For more details, refer to T&Cs.
10 startups will be supported and provided with the program benefits. In order to avail them, the selected startups must attend, participate, and complete the 6-month accelerator program.
Yes, pitch days will be organized as part of the 6-month accelerator program to provide access to potential strategic partners and investors to all the startups.
No, you can apply to only 1 implementation partner under the XR Startup Program. For further details, refer to T&Cs.
All the program benefits mentioned on this page above shall be made available to the selected startups by FITT. For further details, refer to T&Cs.
Foundation for Innovation and Technology Transfer (FITT) at IIT Delhi has been the vanguard of knowledge transfer activities from academia since its inception in 1992. This techno-commercial organization from academia is counted amongst the successful such organizations. FITT provides superior program management services and is steadily increasing its operational landscape. The varied roles of FITT can be seen in enabling innovations and technopreneurship, business partnerships, technology development, consultancy, collaborative R&D, technology commercialization, development programs, and corporate memberships among others. These roles are necessitated by the key agenda of the foundation to showcase the institute’s “intellectual ware” to the industry, thereby unlocking its knowledge base and inculcating industrial relevance in teaching and research at IIT Delhi.